Linuwel School’s vision for Reconciliation and commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is to:
- Create a place of learning where all people can experience Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and their rich and vibrant influence on the world today.
- Merge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural education and Steiner education to inform the future generations about Reconciliation, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and cultures and the part we all play in working and walking together towards Reconciliation
- Nurture Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures within our school, to send children into the world who will influence and advocate for true reconciliation
- Engage with our local Aboriginal communities
- Acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of being knowing and doing.
By listening to stories, walking on country and immersing ourselves we will build authentic, meaningful connections with our local communities. This is very important to us. We hope that this relationship will connect us with story tellers, crafts people and Wonnarua Elders.
We have developed and had our very own Reconciliation Action Plan published using the Narragunnawali program as a framework. Narragunnawali is Reconciliation Australia’s school program for Reconciliation Action Plans.
Narragunnawali (pronounced narra-gunna-wally) is a word from the language of the Ngunnawal people meaning peace, alive, wellbeing and coming together. The Ngunnawal people are Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land and waterways on which Reconciliation Australia’s Canberra ofﬁce is located.
Narragunnawali: Reconciliation in Schools and Early Learning is designed to support the 21,000+ early learning services, primary and secondary schools in Australia to develop environments that foster a higher level of knowledge and pride in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and contributions.
Linuwel provides opportunities for our school community to participate and appreciate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.