With an aim to create a cohesive, evidence- informed narrative on why Steiner Education works, Steiner Education Australia undertook a national survey of stakeholders in Steiner Education in
Australia earlier this year. With over 3,000 participants, including a good number from Linuwel School’s community, engaging with the survey over a four- week period, a springboard has been
created to enable advocates of Steiner Education to effectively drive public commentary on Steiner Education in Australia rather than react to it.
We invite you to look through this online version of the data collected on a national level as well as the following snapshot of the data collected from the Linuwel School community where:
- 84% of parents either strongly agree or agree that they are/were satisfied with their choice.
- 78% of parents either strongly agree or agree that their expectations have been/were fulfilled.
- 82% of parents either strongly agree or agree that the quality of teachers is/was strong.
- 94% of parents either strongly agree or agree with the statement that they value/valued an arts based approach to learning.
- 80% of parents either strongly agree or agree that the teacher knows/knew their child.
- 80% strongly agree or agree that the community is supportive and unified.
- 73% strongly agree or agree that the quality of classrooms and resources is high.
- 67% strongly agree or agree that the school is well run by management (21% responded with “not sure?”).
- 82% of parents either strongly agree or agree that their child has developed as a well- rounded individual as a result of their schooling.
- 90% of parents either strongly agree or agree that the school is committed to Steiner Philosophy.
- 85% of parents either strongly agree or agree that the teacher staying with the child until years 6/8 is a distinct advantage.
- 92% of parents either strongly agree or agree that students behave/d respectfully towards one another and their teachers.
According to the survey, the statement that best reflects the value of Steiner Education is the development of the whole child.
This survey response from the Linuwel community is positive overall but this is not to say that we cannot improve. The data from the survey will help us to better identify, understand and meet student and community needs more fully. The school is grateful to those parents/carers who participated and we especially
value the comments, suggestions and ideas you offered the school for consideration.
Click here for full article.