PART TIME RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
We seek a warm and confident reception/administration assistant to support the running of the School’s office by assisting staff, students and families.
Linuwel School has been established for 42 years and we currently have around 300 students from Preschool to Year 12. Our teaching is based on the philosophy of Rudolf Steiner, where the individual is valued and the community upheld.
The School is located in East Maitland in the NSW Hunter Valley. Our school site surrounds a lake, providing a uniquely beautiful environment for our children and staff.
Further information can be found on our website: www.linuwel.nsw.edu.au
- Confident and polite phone manner.
- Excellent time management and prioritization.
- Calm under pressure.
- Able to manage information with due consideration to privacy, confidentiality, and sensitivity.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Enjoys working as part of a professional team.
- Interest in/openness to Steiner education and philosophy.
- Values respectful relationships.
The successful applicant will meet the following Essential Criteria:
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- A willingness to adopt and adapt technology solutions that improve office efficiency.
Additional criteria that are desirable include:
- Current First Aid Qualification.
- Experience with using Edumate (the School’s Database).
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls, take and relay messages
- Greet and direct persons entering organisation
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Daily data entry into school software program
- Monitor and maintain office equipment, including ordering supplies
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries
- Attend to students basic first aid requirements
- Tidy and maintain the reception area and sick bay
Please also note the successful applicant will be subject to (and need to maintain) a Working With Children Check.
Applications should include:
- A general expression of interest, including statements, which concisely describe how you consider yourself suitable against each of the Key Qualities and Essential Criteria.