Linuwel is a school for Rudolf Steiner education established in 1979, with approximately 280 students from Kindergarten to Class 12. The school also operates a pre-school for 3 1/2 to 5 year olds.
We promote an environment where
- Our work is permeated by Rudolf Steiner’s indications for education and the underlying philosophy. We build from strong foundations but remain contemporary and open to change. We strive for spiritual understanding in our lives.
- We provide for each child a sound education which will equip them for their life beyond school, through a comprehensive curriculum and consideration for all aspects of their being. Each individual is respected; we acknowledge their strengths, support their needs and promote their self-responsibility.
- The teachers are committed to professional development, and through their example inspire and encourage creativity, imagination, curiosity and enthusiasm for ongoing learning. The kingdom of childhood is revered; love and gratitude, goodness, beauty and truth permeate our endeavours.
- A strong sense of community is fostered. We work together and communicate openly with kindness and respect to nurture relationships between parents, teachers, children and the wider community. We participate fully and consciously in the life of the school and its events.
- The environment is welcoming and attractive, safe and suited to the development and education of the children. The natural world is observed, explored and nurtured as a reflection of spiritual truths.
Imagination, the visual and performing arts and craft are woven through the academic curriculum which incorporates national and state requirements.
Teachers strive for a deep understanding of each student, which enables them to provide enjoyable learning opportunities for individuals to develop the skills and self-esteem to confidently move into the next phase of their life on completion of Class 12.